Here is a twist on a “silo” SEO strategy that works amazingly well, IF, you are able to commit to regular, potentially large amounts of content. This strategy over the mid to long term can truly explode your SEO results, amount of page 1 ranking keywords with either no additional SEO budget, or if you really want to put your SEO on steroids, small increases in SEO budget that yield exponential results for the small pro-rata budget increases.
So here’s how it works…
1. You do your normal SEO research with us, i.e. you provide a list of “seed” keyword ideas that we use as our foundation for keyword research as well as providing us with your competitors URLs so we gain their keyword data. Once we have all the keyword data, this is where the strategy shifts…
2. From the keyword data, together we pick the main keyword topics in your niche – for example, whilst I’m writing this blog post, I’m in the process as setting up two new domains for the UK / USA market, to sell gym gear, so some of my main niche keywords are topics such as: treadmills / running machines / exercise bikes etc, and a SEO page is made for this very broad keyword e.g. “treadmills” and we make highly focused, highly converting pages with great user experience for all these “big” keywords
3. We now use your SEO budget to SEO these “big” keywords and keep our eyes on your Google console account. Soon, Google will start to give longtail keywords from the content added, for example, the page targeting “treadmills”, Google might show a longtail keyword e.g. “where can I buy a basic treadmill” at position 98 – so now a new page is made, targeting this long tail – this new page has a link in the content linking back to the broad page we made in step 2 above, then you Google your site and keyword using this format below to ask Google, in Google’s mind, which page is best to link to this new longtail page (don’t’ pick your homepage, contact us, privacy or terms, when you first start to do this, you wont have enough pages for Google to give you another page that’s related to the topic of your new longtail page, but over time as you repeat this process, you’ll be able to link to your new longtail page/post from a “support page” based on what Google thinks is the best page to link from – this is the Google search to do…
site:www.your-site.com “new longtail here here”
4. When you make the new longtail keyword, and put a link to it from the support page, you email us these 2 URLs and we do our magic on them – you can do this for all the keywords you like that Google shows you rank for*
*when you get your list of keywords, please send them to us as we have inhouse software that will take that keyword, and check if you already have an exact keyword match URL and if so, removes it from the list of potential new pages / blog posts to make
5. This process is best repeated monthly, so over time you add more and more new pages / posts, around topics Google initial trusted you on the original “big” keywords, and then over time, the keywords Google trusted you on everything you keep adding, which turns into a positive snowball effect of easy longtails shooting up to page 1, which starts to get you more business quicker than waiting for bigger keywords, but more importantly, quickly shows Google your user metrics so Google a) trusts you faster for those big keywords and b) adds even more longtail keywords when you next check your Google console data.
At the time of writing this blog post, one of my sites that’s around 6 months old, in the USA wheelchair niche, on the last round of Google console checks, had another 171 great keywords ranking which we’ll now make 171 new blog posts for, all having 1 link from the “best” (in Google’s eyes) page / post on the site.
This strategy is a longtail up, ie, the new longtail pages / posts link “up” to the big keyword pages you make at the start, and is the most powerful method of using a silo strategy combined with my “Google console content strategy” you can find here = https://www.scott.services/the-google-console-content-strategy/
How To Send Your Data To Us
If you have a live package with us, please log into your Google console account and…
1. click on performance (on the left)
2. tick “average position”
3. change “date: last 3 months” to “most recent date”
4. top right, click on “export” and select “Google sheets” a new Google sheet will open – remove any keywords you font like, based on poor user intention i.e.: https://www.scott.services/the-importance-of-user-intention/
5. once your keyword list is cleaned, then in the Google sheet…
6. top right, click on “share”
7. click on “get link” then click on “restricted” and change to “anyone with the link”
8. then click “viewer” and change to “editor”
9. then click “copy link” and email the link over to us so we can see what keywords don’t already have an exact keyword URL
Any questions on this, please feel free to contact me, happy to help 😊